Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Scope of applicability, Definitions
(1) The following Terms and Conditions, in their valid version at the time of placing an order, apply to the contractual relationship between the online shop provider (hereinafter: “provider”) and the customer (hereinafter “customer”). Deviating Terms and Conditions of members shall not be recognized unless the Provider has explicitly consented to them in written form.
(2) The customer is a consumer, if he does not conclude the purchase contract primarily for commercial purposes or activities of self-employment. Entrepreneurs, on the other hand, are natural or legal persons, or partnerships, which conclude the purchase contract for their commercial purposes or activities of self-employment.
§ 2 Conclusion of Contract
(1) The customer may choose an item from provider’s range of products and place it in a so called shopping cart by clicking the button “shopping cart”. Upon selection of the desired products and clicking on the button “checkout”, the customer will be asked to provide personal data and select the payment / shipping method. By clicking on the button “place a binding order”, the customer completes the ordering process and enters into a legally binding contract with an obligation to pay the purchase price. The customer may review and change the provided information at any time before transmitting the order.
(2) After the order has been placed, the provider will send the customer an automatically generated email confirmation, which contains all details of the order. The customer may print the email by using the function “print”. This automatic confirmation only documents the order’s receipt and does not constitute a legally binding acceptance of customer’s order. The provider can accept the order within a period of three days by either sending a separate order confirmation via email or by delivering the good(s).
§ 3 Reservation of Ownership
The provider retains ownership of the goods until full payment has been received.
§ 4 Price and shipping costs
(1) All product prices on provider’s website include the respectively valid turnover tax.
(2) The shipping costs are indicated on the purchase order form. The customer bears the shipping costs.
(3) The goods will be shipped by mail. If the customer is a consumer, the provider shall assume the risk associated with shipment.
§ 5 Payment Modalities
(1) The customer may only pay in advance.
(2) The payment is due immediately upon concluding the contract.
(3) The goods will not shipped before receipt of payment.
§ 6 Statutory Warranty, additional Guarantees
(1) The statutory warranty provisions apply to all products and services offered by the provider. If the customer is entrepreneur, the warranty period for all items delivered by the provider shall amount to 12 months.
(2) A separate guarantee for the delivered goods, other than the statutory warranty, can only be valid if explicitly provided in the product’s order confirmation.
§ 7 Liability
(1) Customers can make no claims for damages. This shall not apply to claims resulting from the loss of life, bodily injury, health damages or the breach of the essential contractual obligations (cardinal obligations) as well as other to claims for other damages resulting from an intentional or grossly negligent contract breach by the provider or his legal representatives or agents. Contractual obligations are essential if their fulfillment is a necessary requirement to reach the contract’s purposes.
(2) In case of a breach of the essential contractual obligations, provider’s liability shall be limited to the typical, forseeable damages, as long as the breach was caused by an act of simple negligence. This shall not apply, if the damages claims result from the loss of life, bodily injury or health damage.
(3) The above mentioned liability limitations shall also apply to provider’s legal representatives and agents, in case claims have been made directly against them.
(4) The regulations of the Products Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz) shall remain unaffected.
§ 8 Final provisions
(1) The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to all legal relationships between the customer and the provider. The provisions of the CISG shall not apply.
(2) The provider shall keep the present Terms and Conditions and other contractual provisions available for the customer during the ordering process. The customer may save all relevant information by downloading the Terms and Conditions and the data collected during the ordering process by using his browser’s functions.
(3) The languages of contract are German and English.
(4) If the customer is a commercial trader, a public legal entity or a public special asset, the place of jurisdiction for all legal disputes arising from this contract between the customer and the provider shall be the provider’s place of residence.
(5) If any clause of the present Terms and Conditions proves entirely or partially invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In this case, the invalid clause shall be replaced by the statutory provisions. If this proves to be an unreasonable burden for any of the contractual parties, the contract shall be considered invalid as a whole.
Status as of October 2014
The Rosetta mission has travelled across the asteroid belt, into deep space, to Comet 67P/ Churyumov-Gerasimenko and now, will make its way into wardrobes across the globe.
The Rosetta Shop features clothes inspired by Europe's comet chaser, available in a wide range of sizes.
Share this page